Comrie Angling Club
Rules for Day Ticket Holders:
1. Tickets are non-transferable.
2. All fish under nine inches (except rainbow trout) must be returned to the river undamaged.
4. Day tickets must be shown on demand to keepers, watchers, bailiffs and any member of the club, and MUST be carried when fishing.
5. Anglers are requested to shut gates, not to damage property or fences, and they may not be accompanied by a dog.
6. No angler should fish a pool for more than half an hour after the arrival of another ticketholder who wishes to fish that pool. No more than two persons are permitted to fish the same pool at the same time. Gaffs are NOT permitted.
7. Anglers may fish with any legal lure, except shrimp, prawn or diving minnow. Worm fishing for Salmon is not allowed in February or March. In April and May, worm fishing is allowed, with 6lb line and a single hook of size 8 or smaller. One salmon or grilse per day may be retained, subject to a maximum of two fish per season for any individual angler.
8. Until the end of July, only ONE sea trout may be taken per angler per day – and it is strongly recommended that all sea trout caught should be returned. From August 1st onwards, all sea trout caught must be returned to the water. A maximum of TWO brown trout and TWO grayling per member per day may be taken.
9. Sunday fishing is NOT permitted, for any species.
10. When fishing with worms, only one hook should be used, not larger than Salmon size 1, and it should be of the ‘Circle’ style.
12. Ticketholders should return their ticket, with the number of fish caught marked on it, to the Delicatessen or to the Hon. Sec. (address is on the ticket) at the end of the day’s fishing. Returned tickets will be entered into a draw at the end of September, the winning prize being two tickets to be used either in October or during the following season.
13. Day tickets do NOT COVER Drummond water in Glenartney. The only part of the River Ruchill which may be fished is the Aberuchill bank from the Lin a’ Huloch down to the junction with the Earn.
14. Ticketholders should leave no rubbish, unwanted tackle or fishing line on the river banks or in the water.
16. Day tickets are valid for fishing only between 1st February and 30th September (Brown Trout only between 15th March and 30th September), with the single exception of the winner of the draw, who may use his tickets on a day during October (only until 6th October for Brown Trout).